It's incredibly easy to invite your Slack workspace coworkers to join a live 15-min video session with Touchbase. Here's how to do it:
- Open the Slack app and scroll down to 'Apps' on the left-hand panel, then click the + icon on the right
- In the Apps screen that appears, search for 'Touchbase' and click the 'Add' button on the result found under 'Available Apps'
- Your web browser will open Slack's directory listing for Touchbase. Click the green 'Add to Slack' button on the left
- Slack's own authentication screen will appear. Check that you are using the right Slack workspace (top right dropdown) and follow the instructions to authenticate
- Return to the Slack app and you should see Touchbase as a new entry in the Apps section of the left-hand panel
Using Touchbase inside Slack
Our 'slash command' is: /touchbase. You can use this in any channel/direct message in your Slack workspace. There are a few options:
- /touchbase – invites everybody in the channel to join an untitled video session
- /touchbase Quick catch-up – invites everybody in the channel to join a video session called 'Quick Catch-up'
- /touchbase @bob @jim – invites only Bob and Jim to join an untitled video session
- /touchbase @bob @jim Quick catch-up – invites only Bob and Jim to join a video session called 'Quick catch-up'